Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Entitlement Junkie

Sometimes, I just have to shake my head.

This time, it's because Jason Niccum, of Longmont Colorado apparently thinks his time is so important that he can alter the operation of traffic lights.

According to the story, he purchased an infra-red device on E-Bay called an Opticon, which is similar to what emergency vehicles such as fire trucks use to change the light from red to green when responding to an emergency.

He is quoted as saying "I guess in the two years I had it, that thing paid for itself," and the article goes on to say "I'm always running late," police quoted Niccum as saying in an incident report.

So, unlike normal people, who when they notice they are running late actually leave their house earlier, he apparently felt himself more important than anyone else, and rather than inconvenience himself to take care of the issue, decided to inconvenience everyone else.

Must be lonely being the centre of the universe.

No comments: